One of the most exciting, full of fun and surprise; Chopta valley is seated at an altitude of 13000 feet above sea level. The valley is well defined and offers visitors the best views. The special thing about this valley is that it can be visited at any time of the year. Not just that, the trek also gives a chance to explore Deoria Tal, Chopta, Tungnath, and Chandrashaila summit.
Chopta valley highlights-
- Tungnath Temple
- Sari village
- Deoria Tal
- Rohini Bugyal
- Bisuri Tal
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary
Valley of Flowers
The most beautiful valley situated at the western Himalayas in the Garhwal region, the valley of flowers is the dream trekking and camping destination for all the mountain lovers around the world. The trek to the valley of flowers starts from Joshimath. The total distance of the trek is 17 km. The trail to the top of the valley goes through lush green landscapes, meadows, frozen rivers, enchanting water streams, and a wide variety of flora and fauna.
How to Reach
There are several modes of transportation to reach the Valley of Flowers.
By Train: Haridwar railway station is the nearest railway station which has good connectivity with the major cities of India. Joshimath is approximately 280 km away from Haridwar so you can take a private/government bus or you can even hire a private taxi cab to reach there.
By Road: the route to Joshimath from Dehradun is well marked.
By Flight: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to Joshimath, and is strongly connected with Delhi and also well-connected with the major airports of India via Delhi. So from there, you can hire a private cab.
The Indian state of Himachal Pradesh is full of wonders, surprise and thrill. The state has some amazing valleys, one of them is Solang Valley. The name of the valley originated with the combination words Solang and Nallah; where Shola is the name of a nearby village and Nallah refers to the water stream.
Solang Valley is an amazing place to spend some quality time with near and dear ones! Located at the top of Kullu valley, Solang Valley is quite famous for its adventurous summers and winter sports. If you plan to visit this valley, the best time is from September to June.
- Harm no animals and plants.
- Do not make fun of the local culture and traditions.
- Experienced trekkers can do this trek a bit quickly as compared to beginners as the trail has some steep climbs and tricky paths.
- Pack your clothes irrespective of the season. Carry an extra pair of clothes as rains hit the area very frequently.
- Always carry ID proof and travel tickets.
- If you are traveling in a group, do not wander alone in the valley as there are a lot of dangerous animals.
- If you are traveling alone, do not walk on unmarked pathways.
- Do not litter here and there.
- People who are suffering from any kind of disease like asthma, high blood pressure, heart-related problems, etc. are advised to not do this adventure.
Essential things to carry for the trek to Valley of Flowers:
All these 3 valleys offer its visitors great scenic surroundings and postcard views like mountains. These valleys are a perfect getaway with your friends from your busy life and spend some days close to mother nature. But you just cannot decide and go there. You need to carry some important things in your backpack. These are-
- A good quality Backpack and rain cover
- Trekking pole- must bring
- Torch and flashlights with extra batteries
- Water bottle (2 to 3 liters)
- Snacks, energy bars, and protein bars and munching bars like chips and chikki
- Personal medical kit including pain reliever and water purification tablets
- Hydration pack
- Sunglasses, Sun cap, Lip balm, Moisturizer, toothbrush, toothpaste and a small bottle of shampoo.
- ID proof
- Essential toiletries
- 2 to 3 pairs of Socks and Hand gloves (woolen and synthetic)
- Disposable bags and an extra bag to keep the wet clothes
- T-shirts and Track pants or trousers
- Woolen cap, monkey cap or hat
- Scarf or mufflers
- Trekking shoes- with good ankle support
- Floaters- as an extra
- Thermal wear